Head of Programming, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California, United States
Apple Retail Stores represent a focal point in their local community - a place where technology intersects with the arts and education. We are focused on building experiences that inspire you to learn, create something new, and discover something you’ll only find at Apple. The Programming Lead is an evangelist of this vision, and is responsible for curating and delivering an ongoing program of culturally relevant programming. The Programming Lead will partner closely with Retail Marketing and external talent to conceive, program, implement and execute events through the engagement of musicians, photographers, developers, entrepreneurs and educators, inspiring customers and enhancing the Apple Retail experience.
- Event management or professional talent management experience for event or communication agency.
- Preferred 8+ years of experience
- You have high-profile experience acting as spokesperson or ambassador for a global brand.
- Extensive experience handling high-visibility projects and partnerships (both internal and external) give you a deep understanding of market-wide trends, themes, and current cultural events
- A rare ability to discover, recommend, and source talent.
- You are well-connected within the event industry and have relationships with local talent.
- Passionate about building an environment that exudes exceptional hospitality and are a pro at crafting unforgettable guest experiences.
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute multiple large-scale projects at once.
- Effectively partner with internal and external production management teams to ensure flawless visual and technical event execution.
- Amazing presentation skills including experience presenting to large audiences.
- Discreet and professional, you have strong collaboration, verbal and written communication and networking skills.
- Flexible project management style with the ability to quickly adapt and effect change
We are deeply involved with developing local copy with geo-based Creative teams. We craft the vision for the market or country that aligns with the brand and purpose. We use events and workshops to inspire curiosity, learning, and loyalty, and to create new owners. We cultivate and manage relationships with external partners (e.g. cultural institutions; entertainment, art, and design industry professionals). Maintain a deep understanding of the business to build programming and event concepts that establish the store identity within the community and follow the future vision of Apple Retail. Communicate passionately with store teams to spread the word about upcoming events. We partner with Retail Marketing to execute events within brand guidelines. We partner with PR leadership to ensure events are promoted through all available channels and are accessible to diverse community audiences. We track, report, and provide insights on program results, challenges, and opportunities. We source, appoint, brief, and manage talent. You influence and guide store team members who support events programming in partnership with the store leadership team. You develop integrated event strategy, including planning and budgeting when necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred