User Experience Lead Designer, Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. WW Ops BI is seeking a senior designer, developer with a real passion for phenomenal user experience design and an exceptional eye for detail. The senior designer, developer will conceive, design and develop the user experience strategy for the WW and regional BI teams. We're looking for a visually articulate developer capable of communicating their ideas through compelling high-fidelity illustrations, frameworks and prototypes. You will have a high influence and impact to the way we visualize data and information in the business.
- 5+ years applied experience in user experience design
- Demonstrable understanding of visual and user experience design disciplines and principles
- 2+ years in applying user experience design principles to data and information visualization in the business
- Familiarity with various BI reporting, analytics & visualization products such as Business Objects, Corda, OBIEE, Tableau, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular) and other design tools
- Critical eye for attention to detail and pixel perfection
- Capable of rendering high fidelity layouts and icons
- Willing to deep dive into development and assist other developers as needed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Willing to learn new skills on the job
- Document UX specifications, design and standards
- Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
- Experience with agile development principles
- Experience with Subversion, CMS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MVC software architecture
- Object oriented programming using PHP
- Strong UNIX knowledge, including shell scripting
- Able to lead multiple projects and tasks at a time
The core responsibility for this role is to build a rich, engaging and consistent experience for the business across all BI solutions in Operations. This includes conceiving, developing and prototyping new visualizations and interactions for various BI developed solutions, then working with worldwide and regional teams to finalize designs, documenting solutions and participating in their implementation. We are looking for a great teammate with superb communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Strong leadership skills are critical to the success of this role.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant and equivalent industry experience required.
- Must be able to provide sample work as requested.