Software Engineer/QA- Core Networking
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a talented and energetic Software QA engineer for the Core Networking team to participate in manual and automated testing of next generation of networking technologies. This individual is responsible for defining test scenarios and developing associated scripts for features across Apple's range of products including all macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS based products. Additional responsibilities include build up and maintenance of test beds and complex network topologies. The ideal candidate should posses an excellent conceptual understanding and working knowledge of scripting languages and networking technologies. The position will require the right candidate to determine functional and performance regressions. The individual will collaborate with developers and develop test plans.
- Experience using standard protocols such as LACP, STP, RSTP, and 802.1x.
- Experience with C/C++/python, shell scripting, and testing/releasing networking products.
- Experience working with and testing multiple L2 and L3 networking protocols as well as troubleshooting automation.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with debugging and fault isolation.
- Experience with Wireless devices.
- Master's degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in supporting, implementing and/or designing networks.
- Experience using macOS/Unix/Linux operating systems.
Design, develop and execute test plans for networking features, equipment and systems. Develop test automation tools. Certify software releases for general use. Work with development teams to develop networking software. Work with developers to reproduce and debug software problems.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.