3D Rendering Software Engineer - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What solutions to common problems are around the corner? How will technology evolve? What will be possible within our lifetime? What part will you play in the evolution of technology? Our team designs and delivers forward-facing 3D rendering technologies which impact the way people view and interact with information in creative and innovative ways. On our team, you will craft dynamic solutions which transform this unique and emerging space, and help push the limits of what is possible.
- Strong C++ and architecture design skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of linear algebra and rendering algorithms
- Experience with rendering technologies such as Direct3D, OpenGL, Metal or Vulkan
- Deep understanding of memory management and multi-core systems
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Have a proven real passion for the rendering, gaming, or graphics space.
Our team is dynamic and collaborative, and we are passionate about exploring an uncharted and quickly evolving domain. As our team-member, you will contribute by researching and developing a new rendering architecture; a challenge demanding rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality. You'll possess a keen understanding of state of the art interactive 3D applications and have focused determination to discover what the future holds in this space. We are a cohesive and enthusiastic team, working together to understand how to meld existing rendering technologies while looking ahead to answer questions which never before have been pursued.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or relevant experience is desired.
- The following skills are optional, but knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Experience developing a game or engine
- Experience developing for macOS or iOS
- AR/VR and/or Computer Vision experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.