Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. We are looking for an extraordinary software engineer to build and debug embedded software configurations of state-of-the art technology, and build experimental embedded software projects in the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV product lines.
- A real passion for large embedded systems
- Highly proficient in at least C (lots of assembly experience a plus)
- Previous experience with JTAG and other debuggers
- Previous experience debugging embedded device drivers a plus
- Previous exposure to simulation systems or vitalization a plus
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Hands on experience with adafruit, arduino, or other embedded systems
This work entails embedded OS configuration and bring-up activities, including testing and debugging 1-off hardware systems and supervising software automation processes. Additionally, developing new 1-off tooling programs and development of programming models, examples, and documentation.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills