Sr. User Experience Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We're seeking an expert Senior UX Designer to craft and deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers. Our AppleCare Online Support team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products. Empathy is key to develop confidence and earn trust through doing the right thing at the right time and in the best way possible. We focus on providing millions of customers with simple and sublime experiences that live up to the Apple brand. You will have the talent, drive, attitude, and fortitude to work in a highly energetic environment where timelines are tight and communication is essential. Your portfolio tells thoughtful and alluring stories about experiences you created for large scale consumer-facing web, web app, and iOS apps for leading brands. You embrace research, welcome intense debate, and can explain your thinking using sound design principles and data. You study your craft and value learning, relationships, and growth as part of the vision for your design career.
- 5-8 years experience crafting for large-scale multi-digital channel (web, app, social, chat, voice, AR).
- Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a high performing, collaborative team in a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Very solid, current, and demonstrable skill in multiple areas of UX design (research, IA, visual, prototyping, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the tools of the trade (Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, Illustrator, prototyping tools).
- Experience building really clean design artifacts (flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation).
- Experience, understanding, flexibility, and vocabulary necessary to work with engineers, business, researchers, executives and other key partner roles.
- Crystal clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Experience with accessibility, localization and internationalization.
- You will be required to submit an online portfolio along with your resume.
Use your keen empathy for all customers, including differently abled in your thinking. Know what you are solving by aligning on problem statements and genuine user needs. Go deep and be objective by gathering and synthesizing information from all likely sources. Challenge your thinking through engaged debate and collaboration. Use well understood, concise, and accepted methods to develop understanding. Craft lots of explorations and concepts that show the breadth of your thinking. Build positive relationships with everyone and spend time working directly with them. Eliminate confusion and get to the bottom of issues quickly while raising concerns appropriately. Lead your own time, stay on top of things, show your work, and keep it organized and logical. Be there from start to finish and make sure your partners have what they need when they need it. Be calm and professional under pressure. Have composure and decorum when needed. Be a diplomat for the design team when our point of view is the key to customer success. Have fun and be cool.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (UX/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or similar degrees preferred). Master’s degree preferred.
- Deep experience with Apple products and a product support organization.
- Experience facilitating workshops, critiques, mentoring more junior designers.
- You will be asked to submit an online portfolio along with your resume for further consideration.
- You should be prepared to present to a cross-functional panel as part of the interview process.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.