Siri - Engineering Project Mgr - Operations & Infrastructure
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Siri Search is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. We're looking for a great EPM to drive operations and infrastructure initiatives that support our engineers, internal users, and millions of users around the world. This is a high technical hands-on position where the program manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, working with partners, planning, execution, delivery, and more. The role requires a mix of deep technical knowledge and project management experience, allowing the EPM to move smoothly between technical discussion and cross-functional negotiations around risk levels, due dates, and feature requirements. We’re looking for an individual with a proven track record of successful outcomes and maintaining a high-quality, global service under demanding usage and timelines.
- 5-7+ years of strong technical experience in internet services, distributed computing, or computer engineering industries
- Strong technical project/product management experience in large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems, databases, cloud computing, big data, networking, and bonus points for past programming experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (realtime) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. High operational precision and attention to detail.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- Self-starter capable of defining and forging a path to success
Work closely with Operations, DevOps, SRE teams in support of multiple projects to scale the search platform infrastructure and ensure maximum availability of data including specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. Gather requirements and define qualification plans for new infrastructure build-outs. Facilitate technical discussions to work through potential blockers, risk factors, and key design decisions throughout the process. Drive comprehensive and realtime analytics and reporting on key operational measurements for quality, performance, capacity, and reliability. Use that data to drive good priority and resourcing decisions. Provide capacity and budget forecasting in order to support our ever growing global customer population. Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines. Provide timely updates for all project milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. Build relationships across the organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups. Act as the main point of contact for Siri Search infrastructure information outside the org for both Apple internal and external partners & stakeholders.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent