Siri - Sr. Product Manager, Siri Web Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for knowledge graphing and algorithmic search using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence to power search on Siri, Safari, Spotlight, News App, Messages App and Lookup clients across all markets. We are looking for a highly motivated, and technically adept, engineering program manager to help us lead efforts in Web Domain Search which is critical for the user search experience across the clients. In this role, you will work with engineers across key components in Web Domain search to drive customer impact via improvements in Web crawling, indexing, UI presentation, retrieval, and ranking. In addition to working with Web Domain engineering team, this role will work closely with international engineering teams, Search relevance component teams, operations team, and QA. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously and to manage aggressive delivery schedules.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering projects
- Clear and compelling communication skills
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about search result quality and product opportunities from raw and refined product data
- Experience and/or a keen interest in Web Search technologies
- Familiarity with internationalization and localization
- Capability to work across a large number of teams to enforce process and efficient outcomes in a data-driven environment
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities required to forge a path to success
- Ability to, directly and indirectly, lead large teams for success
- Ability to influence teams to adopt best practices in delivering various effective machine learning models
- Define and lead the roadmap for Web Search features and quality improvements - Drive and ship large, cross-functional Web Search initiatives from inception to delivery - Proactively help unblock the teams to ensure key objectives are met - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines; clearly communicate project progress to leads and executive team - Analyze and monitor closely quality metrics in all key markets, identify improvement opportunities, work with teams to design and conduct A/B experiments actively - Drive international quality improvements products in collaboration with international teams
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related engineering degrees, a focus on Machine Learning or Statistical Learning a plus. Ph.D. is a plus too.