Technical Program Manager
Culver City, California, United States
Beats’ is seeking a talented Senior Technical Program Manager to help scale the division’s presence in the automotive sector. The candidate will be responsible for managing project schedules, vendor relationships, and developing processes to ensure engineering and product excellence. We are a group of self-starters, capable of providing on-site leadership with an eye for detail. We have a solid track record of delivering projects on time while exemplifying the utmost attention to quality. Candidate will work in close collaboration with various cross-functional engineering and BD teams, vendors, and contractors.
- 5+ combined experience in engineering and project management in the automotive industry
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Detailed project tracking and track record of meeting deliverables
- Experience interfacing with operations team, vendors and contractors
- Strong engineering / technical background
- Experience in engineering and development of complex systems preferred
Drive project development; defining scope of work, schedule, and budget Direct responsibility for the execution of the monthly breakout of the execution plan and weekly status report Planned versus Executed Define and track KPI targets on metric, delivery and quality within threshold Direct responsibility for Performance and Quality Improvement Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management Drive suppliers / vendors, integrating their deliverables and schedules into project Evaluate prospective suppliers regarding production capability & quality management Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams in developing manufacturing Blueprint including process flow, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build. Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements. Utilize DOE’s, FMEA and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters. Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered. Act as Ops technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks. Develop robust processes for FA on customer returns to Synthesize Voice of Customer into both process changes and product development cycles.
Education & Experience
BS Software, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent required. MS preferred.