CAD Engineer (Data Center Network Infrastructure Design)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The CAD Engineer will have a focus on IT related systems such as server rack layouts, cable tray diagrams, cable distribution details and rack elevation drawings. You will partner with our Architect and Design Teams to craft engineered packages for new “greenfield” sites, as well as existing locations and expansions.
- 5+ Years experience with CAD (AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks, Navisworks, 360 BIM)
- 5+ Years experience in construction related field (mission critical/DC facilities) and experience in creating plans and drawings
- 2+ Years experience in related industries (electrical, mechanical, IT design)
- Familiarity with IT/ Network Infrastructure design (outside plant, conduit routing, cable tray layouts etc) and basic understanding of architectural, structural, mechanical, IT and electrical design.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings and plans including architecture, electric, plumbing, BMS etc.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD for MAC a plus along with working knowledge of MS Office, Visio, Autodesk and MAC software
- Strong organizational skills are a requirement so that you can multi-task under tight schedules while managing your time and workload.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, energetic teammate ready to work within an agile environment.
- Sitting (or stand at an ergonomic workstation) for prolonged periods of time in front of computer monitor is a requirement.
You will create accurate site plans and detailed drawings in a timely manner using industry leading tools. Assisting in creating new standards for Design Packages to be issued for construction is also a day to day responsibility. You will revise and update drawings and plans based on red lines and feedback from Design Team and other partners. Review and confirm accuracy of plans provided by 3rd party partners Developing a deep understanding of the current “Design Team” standards and base design criteria will be important for in this role. Organize and manage drawing packages and records for completed projects as you will provide support for multiple projects concurrently Plot drawing sets, provide plotter maintenance Work closely with construction team and contractors on BIM coordination and communicate with management regarding updates, schedules and issues. Perform site surveys as needed to create “as built”documentation Create drawing packages for construction- Network Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Cable Pathways, Conduit Layouts etc
Education & Experience
Technical degree and/or diploma in drafting or equivalent experience may be considered