Software Engineer - Videos
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Videos group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access content from multiple video providers on their devices while helping those video providers promote and monetize their work. The Videos group develops leading video contents apps on the iOS and tvOS platforms including but not limited to the TV.app, iTunes Movies, and iTunes TV Shows. Our group also integrates at the OS level to support video related features in Siri, Spotlight, and Sign Sign-On services. The group is looking for a talented software engineer to help design and develop new features on our platforms.
- You’ve built projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit, and the iOS or tvOS SDKs
- You’ve deep understanding of object oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization
- You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
- You have experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code. If you haven’t used GCD, you can learn it here. If you have, we’d like to hear from you.
- You enjoy paying attention to details almost as much as the big technical wins. You've proven record of completing projects on-time and to specification .
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles.
We are seeking a high-energy and motivated software engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of video content. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unusual and rewarding opportunity to be part of a strategic project that crafts existing and upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Ideal candidates are well-versed in development standard methodologies, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience