Airplay Networking Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Real-Time Networking team is looking for a proactive and hardworking Senior Engineer. Our team develops the core technologies for exciting real-time media applications, such as Airplay and FaceTime, for both iOS and OS X.
- You will have in-depth development experience with at least one of the following: C, Objective-C, or C++
- You will have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- You will have a deep familiarity with wireless techs such as WiFi/BT/BTLE
- You will have a strong understanding of multithreaded concepts and patterns
- You will have a very good working knowledge of socket programming
- You will be highly motivated and self-directed
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with GCD, XPC, and other Apple technologies ICE, TURN, SIP, RTP, SKE, SRTP Strong object oriented programming and design skills Agile software development experience
As a Networking and Service Discovery engineer, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing new features around proximity-based device discovery, giving to Apple's real-time networking architecture, and improving the existing core functionality that drives best-in-class applications like AirPlay, FaceTime, and ScreenSharing. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record in network programming.
Education & Experience
BS Degree in CS, EE, or equivalent
- Some knowledge of ZeroConf technologies like Bonjour or iBeacon would be beneficial.