Siri - NLP Research Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the ongoing revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science role with a background in NLP
- Proficiency in analytics, statistical analyses, A/B testing
- Experience designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations
- Significant prior experience with applying Big Data tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig, Spark) to large quantities of textual data
- Strong communication and presentation skills; can concisely and accurately convey experimental results and interpretations
- Excellent programming skills, expert knowledge of algorithms and data structures (Python and Java, more is a plus)
- Expertise in various facets of machine learning and N
- Experience with classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking
- Proven ability to lead technical projects and set & achieve realistic deadlines
- Ability to work well with all levels of engineers; provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members
Research in Natural Language and Machine Learning has already made a deep impact in Apple’s front-line products, such as Siri. Research Scientists at Siri are taking this a step further by redefining artificial intelligence, and creating groundbreaking technology for natural language processing, machine learning, and large scale systems. Our goal in the Siri Machine Learning & Natural Language team is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced statistical techniques. The Senior Data Scientist role in this team has a spectrum of approaches to improving Siri. At one end, you would work on deriving key insights from large amounts of usage data to suggest new features and fundamental improvements to the user experience. At the other end, you would work on core machine learning algorithms and systems that are part of Siri’s ability to understand and respond to requests. As a senior technical leader you would mentor coworkers, guide impactful projects, and coordinate with other technical contributors across Siri engineering teams. You should be passionate about creating extraordinary products. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation. This is an extraordinary opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of various disciplines such as natural language understanding and machine learning, NLP, and your work will have a huge impact on hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's, Master's or Phd in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science.