Head of Production Finance, Original Content
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You'll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. Apple's original video content efforts worldwide. The Head of Production Finance will report to the WW Controller for Original Content and oversee production finance for both internally produced content as well as externally produced content. This includes but is not limited to management of cost audits, cost reporting, production budget review, cash flow, and tax incentives. As this is a start up initiative within Apple inc. the right person for this role will be hands on as well as strategic able to lead the day to day operations with an eye towards building the production finance team.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting/Finance role within a studio, network, production company, or relevant
- Experience as a Financial Controller/Lead accountant for scripted series television.
- Experience working within a Studio and/or Network environment.
- Knowledge of current tax incentive programs, domestic and abroad.
- Must have deep understanding of union and guild agreements.
- Familiarity with production insurance, both foreign & domestic.
- Ability to draw on existing relationships within the industry.
- Strong capability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Maintain appropriate controls within the planning process as required by Sarbanes Oxley
Oversee the creation and approval of all production budgets Manage and perform all cost audits of production partners Prepare and/or approve cash flows for various projects. Build and lead production finance department staff Lead the selection and approval of freelance Financial Controllers, Key Accountants Track, process, and otherwise administer tax incentives as needed Engage with insurance brokers, incentive brokers, film commissions, payroll companies, banks and myriad other key production service vendors Collaborate with Legal and Business Affairs, Treasury, Risk Management Liaise with Unions and Guilds and their Pension and Health Plans with regard to audits and other inquiries (eg tri-guild audits)
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree with an emphasis on accounting or finance preferred.