Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. As a member of the Interactive Design Team, the Designer is responsible for working closely with creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant design solutions for http://apple.com and for email communications.
- You have at least 3-4 years experience in design, including web, mobile or app design.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and design aesthetic, an understanding of branding principles, style guides, and systematic design rationale, Photoshop expertise, knowledge of HTML, and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Your Photoshop expertise includes intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards.
- You have proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- You demonstrate excellent digital file structure and asset management skills. Unparalleled attention to detail.
- You have the ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- You can deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe.
- You thrive in a meaningful, dynamic, creative workplace and have a deep understanding of the Apple voice, aesthetic, and tone.
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
- You are proficient in web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- You have prototyping ability to convey preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts.
- You dream of working in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Creates dynamic designs that adhere to principles in established creative direction, fluid templates and Apple standards. - Collaborates with Art Directors, Senior Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. - Flows copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary. - Prepares for creative reviews by outputting optimized files, preparing printouts and presentation materials. - Provides build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards. - Reviews final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless. - Consults with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
Education & Experience
A BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent) is preferred.