Product Quality Manager - Fan
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple module quality team is looking for a motivated and technically savvy Supplier Quality Engineer for Fan / Thermal module. The Product Quality Manager is responsible for Thermal Fan product quality throughout the product life cycle. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing processes and tools for all aspects of module quality during development and mass production. The SQE will be working with Apple cross functional teams in operations and engineering organizations and with suppliers to maintain the highest level of quality throughout product development and into mass production.
- 7+ years experience in either Manufacturing or the development of consumer electronics.
- Experience in metrology and standard manufacturing quality control practices
- Experience in electro-mechanical products in high volume manufacturing
- Creative problem solving experience
- Technical systems knowledge related to computers
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical tools
- Familiarity with GRR, MSA, GD&T practices, Metrology, DFMEA and tolerance analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of reliability methods and quality sampling methodologies
- Knowledge or prior experience working on thermal products for consumer electronics industry preferred
- Strong communication skills and passion to learn and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Working experience in Thermal / Fan assembly, inspection and testing process is a plus.
Manage IQC, IPQC, OQC and ORT for Fan products Drive quality readiness at the factory for development builds and mass production Drive all quality issues in development builds to timely closure. Present findings and root cause corrective action report to Execs as needed Collaborate with design, engineering and safety teams to set appropriate quality control/Inspection/metrology stations on the production line Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners Prepare OK to Ship documentation for new product launch Create risk assessment and implement plans for new products being developed Work with product design team on DFM and conduct tolerance analysis studies to suggest changes to meet specifications and process capability Develop and drive execution of module reliability testing plan during NPIs and MP Support/Attend new product development builds as required International Travel is required
Education & Experience
BSME (MS preferred) or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.