Test Engineer Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We have exciting new opportunities in our core growth business (iPhone and others) for test engineers who are strong leaders with development skills. You will lead the development of new test systems (both hardware and software).
- 5+ years of technical work experience in both test engineering and a high volume manufacturing environment. (Experience with multiple types of mobile phone and computer modules (camera, display, touch, etc technology is desirable).
- Deep understanding of electronic assembly processes.
- Strong knowledge of system architectures for phone and computer product and product test.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- C and C++ programming, Unix programming and scripting languages background is preferred.
- Knowledge of supplier management with exposure to supplier negotiations and cost analysis.
- Experience working with equipment suppliers and contract manufacturing firms.
- Excellent data analysis and proven statistical skills.
- Successful experience as a technical project leader, especially in a high volume consumer electronics environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. (Other languages are desirable as well).
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to work independently while using sound technical and business judgement.
- Ability to travel to international manufacturing sites @ 25% - 30%.
- Dynamic with a “can do” attitude. Humble and act with grace under fire.
In this role you will develop test strategies and programs to meet business objectives. (Typical objectives include test coverage, yield, cost, cycle time, space, labor, schedule). Lead a team of test engineers (HW & SW) to define and implement electronic test solutions. (Responsibility extends from product concept through launch into high volume mass production). Tackle technical problems when the test eam needs support and serve as a mentor to other engineers. Implement test solutions in a high volume manufacturing environment. Develop and get agreement on project plans and project concepts. Present weekly program status updates to internal teams, including the executive team. Communicate frequently with many different multi-functional teams. (Typical teams include operations, NPI, business management, GSM, development engineering, service engineering, external equipment suppliers and contract manufacturing service firms). Participate in product failure analysis and warranty claims analysis. Contribute to efforts to standardize and optimize test performance across the product line. Develop and refine design process methodology with peers and management team. (Includes all the basics design / process, cost, FMEA reviews, etc). *
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science, computer science, or equivalent..