GPU Compiler Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The GPU compiler team is seeking a strongly motivated engineer to work on high performance GPU compilers. Our team supports many different GPU architectures, devices (including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV), and billions of customers. We work with many different organizations within Apple – architecture, silicon engineering, drivers, frameworks, tools and Xcode. This kind of collaboration and cross functional reach allows our team to influence architecture and helps us deliver phenomenal performance, functionality and robustness for all shaders and kernels that run on Apple GPU. Our team is focused on improving our user’s experience by maximizing the execution speed of the code generated for Apple’s mobile GPUs, while minimizing energy consumption. We are enabling new GPU architectures, technologies, and applications through innovation in compilers. You will have experience with some of the skills below. Nobody is expected to have experience with all of these, but we are looking for someone with a strong desire to learn what you don’t know.
- LLVM, GCC, or other open source / commercial compilers.
- You have a background in GPU programming models, such as Metal, OpenGL, DirectX, OpenCL, or CUDA.
- Experience developing optimizing compilers for modern architectures.
- Practical experience with real-time rendering and writing shaders.
- You are familiarity with analyzing generated code for optimization/code generation opportunities.
- Assembly programming skills.
- System-level programming or writing OS drivers.
- Track record of building production quality software.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Our team is diverse, balanced and dynamic! You will join a small team of highly motivated engineers who build first-class GPU compiler tools and apply them in innovative ways. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel that they can trust our devices every single day. Imagine what you could do at Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience