Caffè Macs Cook 4 Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to create inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company.
- Experience in cooking and skillful knowledge of healthy, nutritional-based cuisines.
- Ability to write exciting and appealing menus that change
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Display a passion for food and cooking and be self-motivated
- 3 years cooking experience, with at least 1 of those years with lead or equivalent title.
- General computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Communicates clearly, listens attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, and guests
- Be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Must have approved Food Handler’s Card and non-slip shoes prior to first day of work
Prepare daily entrees/items, featuring daily changing menus approved by the Sous Chefs and Executive Chef. Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness for your station, work area, and equipment used for preparation, including walk-in coolers and all storage area. Assist in set-up and break down of station. Collaborate with Sous Chefs/Executive Chefs/other cooks on planning and development of daily changing weekly menus in adherence to seasonality, labor, and food cost guidelines. Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods. Train and develop line cooks and prep cooks at your station, while leading by example for other station cooks as well, when applicable. Understand how to properly use and maintain all equipment used Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery. Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product. Write creative, daily changing menus with corresponding order guides and prep lists. Print out menus and order guides for each team member, and write clear and concise prep lists daily. Conduct at least 1 Team briefing per week, discussing the menu, order guide, and prep lists for the following week. Establish and monitor par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste. Understand and participate in the established purchasing/ordering process, working closely with the Sous Chefs Complete daily Time and Temperature logs for your station. Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products. Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the Sous Chef(s). Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert Sous Chefs when necessary. Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying great customer service, in a timely manner
Education & Experience
Typically 5-8 years high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party. May also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain Expansive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce Extraordinarily Service Oriented - showing high level of customer service is positively mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- This position will spend time sitting and standing
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to understand sanitation directions