Technical Program Manager (TPM) – Thermal Modules / Graphite
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. JOB SUMMARY In this highly visible role, the Technical Program Manager for thermal Graphite modules will manage multi-functional process engineering and quality related functions with an operations mindset for graphite technologies.
- Strong Thermal module manufacturing experience and well versed in the following technical areas:
- Die cutting, lamination knowledge and familiarity with adhesives, engineering polymers
- Experienced in collaborating with suppliers and engineering teams in developing manufacturing Blueprint including process flow, DFM, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans
- Proficient in utilizing DOE’s, FMEA and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters.
- Expertise in qualifying fixtures/tools/machines, designing and balancing lines, OEE/UPH studies, automation planning in high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong supplier management experience in establishing and validating (using statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements
- Familiarity with control charts, SPC, Cpk, GR&R, MSA, correlation studies, yield improvement, failure analysis, RCCA etc. Six-sigma certification preferred
You will have an operations management mindset leading technical management to validate engineering designs and provide technical manufacturing mentorship to the engineering team with a focus on thermal Graphite commodity. 25+% international travel required
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical / Materials Science Engineering or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.