Partner Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
With the recent announcements by Samsung, Vizio, LG and Sony to support AirPlay 2 on their smart TVs, Apple is taking a significant step in expanding it’s partner ecosystem for AirPlay. The Connected Media team within the Interactive Media Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering manager to lead our Partner Engineering team. This is a key role leading engineering engagement with our many AirPlay and AirPrint partners delivering Smart TVs, Wireless Speakers, AV Receivers and Printers. You will lead a software engineering team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering quality in Apple Products and those of our partners. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod, and Mac. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level.
- Software engineering management of a team of 20+ engineers
- Experience providing SDKs and documentation to external partners
- Ability to plan and direct projects with external development teams
- Background in software engineering: C/C++, Web Technology
- Familiarity with processes for product certification testing
- Experience with streaming media software in consumer products
- Strong organizational and operations management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with senior leaders in a high visibility role
You will be responsible for managing an engineering team providing technical direction and management to Apple's partners building AirPlay and AirPrint compatible products. Drive a scalable process for partner management and certification. Partners companies include providers of consumer and enterprise products that are AirPlay and AirPrint compatible supporting video, audio and printing. You will drive technical strategy and manage operations for a scalable partner engagement process. Your team will also work as a liaison between partners, Apple business development and Apple product engineering teams.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience