Partner Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod, and Mac OS. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. We are seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead our Partner Engineering team. This is an key role leading engineering engagement with our many AirPlay and AirPrint partners. You will lead a hands-on engineering team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering quality in Apple Products and those of our partners.
- Software engineering management of a team of 20+ engineers
- Experience providing SDKs and documentation to external partners
- Ability to plan and direct projects with external development teams
- Background in software engineering C/C++ and web technology
- Familiarity with processes for product certification testing
- Experience with streaming media software in consumer products
- Strong organizational and operations management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
You will be responsible for managing an engineering team providing technical direction and management to Apple's partners building AirPlay and AirPrint compatible products. Drive a scalable process for partner management and certification. Partners companies include providers of consumer and enterprise products that are AirPlay and AirPrint compatible supporting Audio, Video and printing. You will drive technical strategy and manage operations for a scalable partner engagement process. Your team will also work as a liaison between partners and internal Apple engineering teams.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience