Camera - GPU Vision and Computational Photography Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by using computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We on the lookout for people who want to do the same. The Media team provides the camera foundation across all of Apple’s innovative devices. Combining state of the art software techniques with next-generation hardware, the Camera Software team takes the mobile photography experience to the next level.
- You have 3+ years experience working as part of a software development team.
- You're familiar with common development and debugging techniques.
- You have experience with embedded platforms/mobile, a plus.
- You're proficient in C/C++/Objective-C, assembler experience a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of Unix/Linux. Knowledge of OS X / Darwin a plus.
- You're experienced with video capture pipeline.
- You have familiarity with A/V pipelines and synchronization technology.
Do you have deep working knowledge of media video and imaging? Do you thrive in dynamic work environments, and yearn to ship amazing products? We're building up our GPU Performance team, and are looking for strong engineers to help us implement and optimize image/signal processing algorithms on GPU's through Metal, OpenGL(ES), OpenCL, and CUDA. In this role, you will work closely with the capture and imaging teams on implementation, integration, and optimization of vision and computational photography algorithms.n You will then use this information to feedback to the SoC team and help drive future GPU designs.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field.
- CPU optimization skills a major plus
- Experience optimizing for power is a plus
- Experience in common internal video buffer formats, a plus.