Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, to Apple TV, iTunes, and Mac OS X, as well as Apple’s professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Aperture to iLife and iWork. IMG drives Apple’s media experiences with core technologies such as Metal, QuickTime, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Audio, Quartz Composer, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Expertise in compiler and compiler technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in 3D graphics or GPU architectures a plus
- Experience with OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX, Cuda or other GPU programming APIs
The Apple IMG Compiler Team is seeking a compiler engineer to analyze, design, and build front-ends and middle-end optimizations for Metal. As a key member of the IMG Compiler team, you will apply your state-of-the-art background and experience in influencing the design of the Metal language, deliver a fast and high quality static and JIT front-end and middle-end, and work with a world class team in integrating the compiler into the graphics platform to maximize the graphic and compute potential for Apple products on iOS and MacOSX.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- • Strong background in operating systems, compilers and parallel programming • Experience working with C models and FPGA or emulation platforms
- • Good understanding of modern 3D rendering techniques or GPU compute applications
- • Game or other App development experience