WebKit Architecture Engineer – Memory
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
WebKit is the system framework used by Safari, Mail, and many other iOS and macOS applications to render web content.
- Detailed knowledge of C and C++
- Detailed understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills
The WebKit Architecture team is responsible for the design and implementation of WebKit’s sandboxed, multi-process architecture, which provides for security, crash isolation, and concurrency. The team covers major WebKit features including inter-process communication, process isolation and sandboxing, storage, networking, Cocoa APIs, and web APIs like fetch(),Web Components, and WebRTC. This memory role focuses on benchmark-driven optimization of web content memory use, including analysis of web pages, apps, and system frameworks. The ideal candidate will invent new techniques for reducing memory use and avoiding jetsam, and diagnose and resolve memory use and jetsam regressions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with memory analysis tools and memory optimization
- Experience with systems programming and inter-process communication
- Experience with security engineering and security exploits
- Experience with Cocoa apps and frameworks