OS Release Quality Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you enjoy automating large test plans? Do you want to help improve the quality of software Apple releases to customers? We are looking for an automation engineer to help grow our automated testing infrastructure. Your contributions will help improve the quality of Apple products that delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. In this role you will architect and build automated systems unique to this team’s customer focused mission. Your goal is to enable hands-off, always-on automated testing and reporting.
- 2+ years of experience developing Automation
- Validated coding capabilities with object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of QA methodologies that cover regression testing, ad hoc testing, functional testing, user interface testing, and integration testing
- Experienced in developing automation frameworks and tools that scale well
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including operating systems, database, networking
- Knowledge of iOS (user-experience, software, and hardware)
- Highly-motivated, creative, organized, and a strong problem solver
- Passionate, inquisitive, and seeks to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Experience with XCTest and
On the OS Release Quality team your focus will be to help ship exceptional releases to our customers. One way we do this is by building tools for automated testing and reporting. We work closely with internal teams across Software Engineering and need a new team member who is self-motivated and able to grasp issues quickly. You should be able to make educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete requirements, and aim to provide timely and accurate progress and status updates. Success in this role will require you to thrive in a collaborative environment, a proven ability to ramp up quickly on both existing new technologies, and excellent communication skills due to the high level of interaction with engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree