UIKit Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help Apple build the next generation of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. The UIKit team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to screen, triage and investigate problems reported on the framework and build internal productivity tools. We’re a team of helpers, problem solvers, debuggers, and engineers. We support some of the most talented software engineers in the world, building tools to help them be at their peak productivity. You’ll be working directly with the software engineers responsible for the fundamental UI building blocks of the iOS user experience: UIKit. Flourish in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- A genuine passion for diagnosing and triaging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing apps using UIKit
- Ability and willingness to strictly manage time spent triaging issues to ensure timely turnaround
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Responsibilities for the role include: • Set incoming bug priorities, verify reproducibility and perform regression testing • Build up encyclopedic knowledge of bugs in our components • Gather debug information for problem reports as needed • Facilitate testing changes pre-submission • Assist third-party developers with bugs and coding problems
Education & Experience
Bachelors or above degree in an engineering related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- • Write test tools to aid in reproducing and debugging issues
- • Integrate software changes and carefully manage the source repository