Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our server engineering team develops and deploys software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Have a good grasp of Linux systems, networking and security.
- Have a thorough understanding of cloud based architectures.
- Java development experience is highly desired (or Python or other languages).
- Experience with orchestration systems.
- Experience with Rest API, databases and/or key-value systems.
- Experience in CI build tools such as Gradle and Jenkins a plus.
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools.
- Know how in maintaining and debugging systems in Java runtime environment.
The SRE team provides reliable distributed coordination service for PIE services and other services at Apple. We are seeking an expert Site Reliability Engineer to join a small, highly skilled team. The person should be able to build and deploy software, analyze logs and telemetry data for issues. Apply good software development methodology in writing automation code. While working experience with Java is helpful, what is more meaningful is the ability to quickly become proficient in any language, and deep understanding of the fundamentals of Unix systems, internet services architectures, and cloud services.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or equivalent experience