Business Intelligence / Data Architect - Data Insights
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms Data Insights team is seeking an engineer to join in developing the next generation of analytical solutions working with Sales, Product, and Engineering. In this role you will work as a key member of a data-centric team to drive the strategy, development, execution, and continuous improvement of core data analytics infrastructure and processes. You have experience building data pipelines using multiple data storage and analysis toolsets including modern distributed technologies. Successful analytics teams involve data scientists and data engineers working hand in hand to build insightful and efficient solutions. In your role, you will be a key enabler for teams of analysts and data scientists delivering insights that help run the business.
- Background in computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field with a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience
- Programming experience (Java, Scala preferred)
- Advanced skills using one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, bash, etc.)
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) experience using Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, or similar technologies
- SQL expertise, data modeling, and relational database experience
- UNIX admin and general server administration experience required
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- Experience with applying data encryption and data security standards
- Ability to formulate and apply creative, balanced data capture strategies Presto, Hive, SparkSQL, Cassandra, Solr, or other big data query and transformation experience a plus
- Data visualization experience using R, Python, or Tableau a plus
- Data visualization or web development skills a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a business-focused audience
- Most importantly, a sense of humor and an eagerness to learn.
Partner with business and analytics teams to understand specific requirements for data systems to support both development and deployment of data workloads. Partner with Engineering to ... (design, build, support) Own and develop Tableau based solutions that translate analytical questions into effective reports that drive business action. Automate and optimize existing Tableau and data processing workloads by recognizing patterns of data and technology usage and implementing solutions. Strong understanding of the intersection between analytics and engineering and a dedicated approach, focusing on reusable solutions to improve efficiency and time to insight. Advise partners on effective use of Tableau and other data technologies based on business and technology needs. You are be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and perform effectively in a sprint based agile development environment.
Education & Experience
BSCS Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.