Senior System Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Darwin kernel team within Apple’s CoreOS organization is looking for an exceptional expert performance engineer to work on our state-of-the art operating systems for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, AppleTV, and several other secret projects. By working inside the core layers of Apple's operating systems, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the end user experience of all of Apple's consumer operating systems products. You’ll be working as part of a highly skilled engineering organization in the exploration, design, and implementation of new ideas that will drive the future of Apple’s technology and business.
- Deep and current understanding of the C programming language
- Genuine passion for kernel and low-level systems technology
- Passion for performance analysis, tools, and engineering processes
- Strong knowledge in one or more kernel technical areas in a related OS
- Experience with statistical techniques relevant to performance analysis
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of hardware architecture and ARM/x86 assembly programming
- Strong ability to influence others while building lasting relationships
Work within a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of kernel and low-level OS technologies and performance infrastructure and tools. Identify root causes and solutions to challenging performance issues. Prototype proposed changes and work across team boundaries to drive performance features and improvements across organizations that will surprise and delight our customers.
Education & Experience
MS or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/skills