Senior Software Engineer (Location services team)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Senior engineer developing new software and core technology within the CoreLocation Framework’s location daemon, supporting iOS, OS X, and WatchOS. Full-stack deployment working cross-functionally within the wireless radios team. Shape the next generation of location-aware mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate people’s digital and physical lives. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may be the team for you.
- Prior location experience not required.
- We’re seeking a creative problem solver who loves to program.
- We’re creating solutions to unsolved problems, and building a location system is about more than just GPS and location algorithms.
- Strong software generalist and experience with object oriented languages (C++)
- Experience and knowledge of software design paradigms and software development best practices
- Knows how to debug complex systems
- Strong competencies in data structures & algorithms
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- A passion for programming and would do it anyway even if not for work
- A passion for building things
- iOS, OS X, application, and/or unix system development a plus
Join a team which designs, implements, and powers brand new technologies and services on the world's fastest-growing mobile development platform. We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer with a strong background in Computer Science and passion for software development, algorithms, and new technologies. Invent and design systems to solve interesting problems in GNSS, WiFi/Cell based location services, indoor positioning, iBeacon, location based reminders, inertial sensor fusion, dead-reckoning, crowd-sourced analytics, and other location related technologies. Design and implement data structures, threading models, business logic, and system architectures in support of location services. Optimize performance, robustness, and scalability of new and existing services. Work closely with mathematical experts and contribute/learn innovative insights. Design and implement full-stack technologies integrating wireless technologies to solve real-world location problems. Participate in brainstorming and evaluating new technologies as iOS continues to evolve.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in computer science or related field or at least 8 years of equivalent experience.
- Intrigued when faced with interesting programming problems.
- Interested in creating new technologies and solving the algorithmic challenges that come with it.
- Passion for actively learning new skills, techniques, and programming languages/libraries/frameworks.
- Desire to be exposed to all aspects of development; prototyping, planning, designing, productizing, launching, and scaling.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.