GPU Driver Engineer (Kernel)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for GPU and Display devices across Apple’s hardware. The Mac driver team is now seeking a world-class, dedicated GPU Driver Engineer who is passionate about building innovative products, and has a strong background building high performance and production quality software on a daring schedule. If you want to be part of a team pushing our MacOS forward, this is the team for you!
- Experience in KMD device driver or operating system development, previous GPU experience a plus
- Hands on experience debugging kernel issues and bringing up new hardware is a requirement
- Deep Knowledge of GPU/CPU architectures
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work multi-functionally and execute in a well-adapted environment
The team is responsible for delivering MacOS drivers supporting current/future GPU’s and Mac platforms. You’ll be responsible engaging with teams across Apple graphics and external vendors as you dive into the kernel side of our GPU drivers. You’ll take a leading role in bringing new platforms to market as you debug not only GPU-side issues but also partner with other teams at Apple to move products closer to launch. You should be passionate in debugging complex problems and have an authentic passion and interest in working with prototype hardware. You should be comfortable with diving into a large codebase and working across the UMD/KMD boundary.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS, CE or similar technical degree