Maps Search - Search Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps are being used by millions of users every single day and powers thousands of applications. As a fundamental tool for human activity, Maps technology is evolving and new techniques are emerging. As a part of Apple Maps search team, you will play a big part in the next revolution in maps to enable users to find things in maps by working in a high-performing and collaborative team. You will have plenty of opportunities to create groundbreaking technology for large scale machine learning (including deep learning), cutting-edge search ranking and relevance, natural language processing and more. If you are excited with new technology and have significant background in search, data mining and information retrieval, please consider joining the Maps Search team at Apple.
- Experience in search engine core engineering, information retrieval, large scale data mining.
- Desire to solve challenging problems at the intersection of user experience and computational algorithms
- Strong programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, or equivalent
- Hard working, self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines. Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of researchers and engineers
The goal of Maps Search team is to take Apple’s Maps to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. Engineers and scientists on this team work on a wide spectrum of approaches in improving search experience on Apple Maps. You would work on building scalable search system including indexing and query execution to power maps search. You would work on applied natural language processing algorithms to understand user query and intent. You would work on applied machine learning algorithms and models that help improve search relevance and experience. You would also work on developing scalable tools and platform foundations that enable other engineers and scientists to develop, evaluate and release algorithms, models and features quickly. We impact millions of users by developing a phenomenal product with a prime focus on accuracy, quality and performance of the product. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation, and is a unique opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of information retrieval, data mining, machine learning and natural language understanding. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, with a specialization in information retrieval, data mining, system platform or related fields.
- Experience/knowledge of information retrieval system applied to very large and diverse datasets (preferred)
- Experience shipping products, especially ones incorporating machine learning (preferred)
- Experience/knowledge of search technology and related fields (preferred)
- Experience/knowledge of maps technology and related fields (preferred)