Software Developer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. CoreOS Transports team is looking for a skilled Test Engineer to help drive quality across iOS and macOS. You will be responsible for qualifying various technologies including Thunderbolt, USB, USB-C, AV (HDMI, DisplayPort), HID. You will be working in a fast paced environment interacting with engineering teams and multi-functional partners within Apple. You will be the user advocate for these technologies ensuring that our customers get absolutely best experience on the Mac and iOS platforms.
- 3+ years of Test experience utilizing both manual and automated methodologies.
- Strong Unix skills and proficient with at least one shell (Bash, tcsh, sh) and high level scripting language (bash, Perl, Python).
- Ability to debug problems using a variety of tooling — gdb, logic analyzers, logging systems.
- Strong collaborative, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and appropriate existing technologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Work closely with your peers and software engineers on developing test plans, designing test tools and automation to properly qualify Mac and iOS devices running future and currently supported operating systems. Will be responsible for executing test plans, developing test automation and performing acceptance testing on variety of Apple and 3rd party accessories. Providing test status, both qualitative and quantitative, and bug reports on current test plans. Assist engineering teams in debugging issues found during testing. Continual growth and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged and expected for all team members.
Education & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of iOS & macOS (user-experience, software, and hardware)
- Basic knowledge of understanding how hardware peripherals work
- Understanding of QA concepts and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in low-level programming language - C++, C, Assembly
- Embedded or transport testing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.