Core OS Manager, System Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Core OS organization is seeking an energetic, motivated software engineering manager to lead a team responsible for user space system services in the OS used across Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, and Watch. Responsibilities will include a mixture of evolving existing projects and leading new design work with a particular emphasis in library and API design to provide services for high level frameworks and apps. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills who is eager to interact with other members of the Core OS team, other teams at Apple, and with the open source community at large. Previous experience with OS-level architecture, API design, inter-process communication, and multithreaded applications is desired.
- Experience managing a software engineering team
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- Experience with UNIX systems, and a strong understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Experience with C, Objective-C and/or C++
Lead and manage a team of software engineers focused on providing user space system services Drive technical innovation Scope and prioritize deliverables Represent the team in project discussions Identify and escalate quality risks and concerns Drive process improvements within the team
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with macOS or iOS
- Involvement in open source technologies and development communities such as FreeBSD, Linux, Apache, etc.