Field Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Wireless Design team is seeking a Field Engineer with a strong foundation in and a demonstrable passion for building new technologies for modern Cellular Technologies such as GSM,UMTS, HSPA and LTE. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Handset field testing experience in live network
- Strong mobile/cellular systems knowledge in LTE/CA/VoLTE/IMS Core,UMTS, CDMA HSPA and GSM
- Strong analytical skills of log analysis and debugging protocol and physical layer issues
- Programming skills in C/C++/Perl/ Python, web interface
- Good RF & OTA fundamentals knowledge and understanding along with practical experience
- Testing and debugging experience of LTE/CA/VoLTE/IMS Core,UMTS, CDMA HSPA and GSM communications systems
- Analyze modem mobile side logs for various technology to root cause the issue along with TCP analysis
- Strong RF background across multiple wireless technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships across functional areas
- Strong communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Fluent in English and local language(s)
- Able to travel locally and internationally
You will work on evaluating the latest iPad and iPhone systems in the field. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different 2G/3G/4G wireless technologies. It includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals etc… You will work with the HW/System development teams and other multi-functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. They will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering. Master’s degree is preferred. TECHNICAL TRAINING RELATING TO HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TESTING Technical understanding and experience with UMTS, GSM, CDMA, HSPA and LTE.