iOS Build and Deployment Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The iOS Build and Deployment team is looking for a Manager to manage a team of Project Managers and Engineers who are responsible for running daily distribution of Apple's embedded OS assets to both internal test audiences as well as hundreds of millions of customers on an ongoing basis. You will play a key role in driving the process, automation and execution of deploying software and developing tools. We practice agile, dynamic development that relies heavily on a tight relationship between Engineering and QA. Your work will impact teams throughout the organization and we are constantly working to ship the next, best thing. This is a rare opportunity to lead a high impact, high visibility team central to the success of Apple's products.
- Ability to build, motivate and grow a full-time team passionate about the deployment of Apple's software assets.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire and motivate the best people.
- Enjoys software design, technical challenges, and problem solving.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ready to deep dive into diverse technologies at all levels.
- Passionate for the customer and for shipping quality software to them.
- At ease with dynamic schedule driven development.
- Motivated by data and enthusiastic about getting and sharing it.
- Makes appropriate trade-offs between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements.
You will be managing the team responsible for coordinating the deployment of Apple's embedded OS assets to internal and customer audiences on a daily basis. You will be responsible for coordinating software release timelines and approvals with senior management as well as impacted cross functional partners. In this role you will also be managing OS installation permissions via Apple's software signing server. An ideal candidate is eager to streamline and reduce the complexity of shipping software.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.