OS Build Tools and Automation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The OS Build Tools and Automation team is looking for a Manager to manage a team of Engineers who are responsible for the tools and automation that power the daily distribution of Apple's OS assets to both internal test audiences as well as hundreds of millions of customers on an ongoing basis. You will play a key role in driving the process, automation and execution of developing and deploying tools. We practice agile, dynamic development that relies heavily on a tight relationship between Project Management, Engineering and QA. Your work will impact teams throughout the organization and we are constantly working to ship the next, best thing. This is a rare opportunity to lead a high impact, high visibility team central to the success of Apple's products.
- Ability to build, motivate and grow a full-time team passionate about the deployment of Apple's software assets
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire and motivate the best people
- Enjoys software design, technical challenges, and problem solving
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Ready to deep dive into diverse technologies at all levels
- Passionate for the customer and for shipping quality software to them
- At ease with dynamic schedule driven development
- Motivated by data and enthusiastic about getting and sharing it
- Makes appropriate trade-offs between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements
You will be managing the team responsible for coordinating the deployment of Apple's OS assets to internal and customer audiences on a daily basis. You will be responsible for coordinating with senior management as well as impacted cross functional partners. In this role you will also be managing OS installation permissions via Apple's software signing server. An ideal candidate is eager to streamline and reduce the complexity of shipping software.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.