Senior Manager: Channel Sales Training/People Programs- Enterprise
Austin, Texas, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Channel Training and People Programs is responsible for training and programs that enable salespeople at Apple resellers globally, including mobile carriers, corporate resellers, and enterprise partners. We’re looking for an experienced leader who can lead cross-functional teams to run and develop sales training advocacy programs, that drive continuous engagement and motivation of our salespeople. A self starter who can listen, form insight, drive strategic vision and execute across geographic and organizational boundaries, you will be an all- rounder who influences business partners at all levels to improve program effectiveness and experience for customers, participants and Apple. We want someone who will have a passion for technology, innovation and a willingness to constantly challenge the status quo. You will continue to evolve existing programs, associated training materials, and execution guidelines. We are responsible for sharing standard methodology for sales and partner programs worldwide. This includes building and maintaining an execution plan that includes budget implications, logistics and measurement.
- 8-10 years of experience designing, building and leading enterprise focussed training and people programs
- A superior knowledge of staff engagement and advocacy strategies, and a strong background in learning, development and motivational initiatives proven to drive behavioral change
- A comprehensive understanding of Sales Strategy, Sales Process, and support functions required for scaling global enablement programs
- Highly competent and experienced in leading collaborative decision-making with disparate virtual teams. Able to influence and lead without organizational authority.
- Experience influencing leaders across Apple business groups and partner organizations. Comfortable engaging with executive-level customers, key Apple executives, and other decision makers with credibility.
- Extraordinary presentation, written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to leading day-to-day program administration, while being systems and process orientated, and handling constant change aligned with the dynamics of delivering multiple programs simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; able to identify trends and solutions. Informs decisions and makes recommendations grounded in data and analytics.
- Extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity, with a constant work towards focus and simplify all facets of program initiatives.
- - Experience working with large, strategic partnerships, especially in the Enterprise and Carrier segment.
You will work cross-functionally to create sales training and people programs that increase focus and engagement of salespeople and ultimately drive sales. Program components include sell-in collateral, technical solutions, vendor management, process flows, communications, and development of training content. You will create playbooks to document program design, dynamics and execution strategy so they can be replicated across all regions. In conjunction with marketing and strategy teams, you will develop a best-in-class creative/branding strategy to drive program effectiveness. You will define business processes to build the engagement program functionality into current systems. You will collaborate with geo sales leadership and field teams to drive program adoption. You’ll work directly with existing and new vendors to apply their expertise in engagement and peer to peer solutions and bring best-in-class solutions to market. You will be responsible for analyzing, compiling, and communicating monthly reports of program execution, results, and gaps to partners and executives. You will lead the forecasting, P&L, budgeting, and financial analysis processes for programs.
Education & Experience
4 year degree or relevant work experience