Software QA Engineer - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Quality team is looking for a motivated, highly technical QA Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for qualifying software that will be used by thousands of developers who produce next generation applications and server processes that will prepare those applications to be eventually downloaded by millions of consumers around the world on Apple’s world class hardware including iPhone, iPad, iPod, Watch, Apple TV and Mac. The iTunes Store is a junction of many groups at Apple to upload and download outstanding applications built by internal and external developers. We’re looking for curious thinkers who will need to collaborate with various client and server testing teams to find bugs and take on initiative to get them fixed.
- Preferred candidates should have working knowledge of Unix, MacOS, iOS, Mobile Applications
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Experience with App development preferably using the iOS SDK will be considered a plus
- Understanding data representation in XML will be considered a plus
- Programming or scripting knowledge (Java or Python) will be considered a plus
- iOS development or programming experience strongly desired
Responsible for testing and qualification of the iTunes Store content delivery and ingest systems primarily focussed on mobile, watch, AppleTV and desktop applications. Experience with testing client-server interactions should also be a core area of experience as well as the ability to access and interpret system and application level logs. Experience with building and maintaining custom iOS, Watch, Apple TV and OSX test apps based on new and existing specifications is desirable. Quickly adapt to internal releases of the latest APIs and internal SDK builds to produce test apps for App Store QA needs. This position requires a strong individual contributor that can work on projects independently and collaborate with cross functional teams in addition to working with engineering teams to debug and reproduce issues in complex systems. Candidate must be dynamic and prepared to test and regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. This position requires strong analytical skills in not only approaching and executing tests but in analyzing the details of test results for projects. Strong bug reporting skills and ability to communicate clearly with developers are a must.
Education & Experience
▪ BS in computer science preferred but not mandatory
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.