Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Core OS organization is seeking a high-energy and detail oriented Test Engineer. The nature of the position requires you to reproduce system failures by generating ideas with excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- - Unix operating system test development training or experience (OS X or iOS development experience is a huge plus)
- - Debugging skills: Ability to examine debug out and recognize patterns in failures
- - Interpersonal skills: able to relay critical information between partners for rapid resolution of issues
- - Understanding of key components of an operating system
- - Ability to work with the engineering team to root cause failures on short/tight cadence.
- - Knowledge on Soc (Intel or other vendors) is a huge plus.
The responsibilities for this position include investigating defects found in the MacOS or iOS products to identify culprits or triage issues to the correct team using a variety of debug methods; develop and improve the failure reproduction process; working with teams of test engineers; guiding organization on process improvement initiatives. Work with the engineering and extended test teams to improve the test coverage. Contribute to the test infrastructure as needed to develop tools and tests that aid in triaging test failures.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience