Siri - Research / Data Assistant
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a research assistant/data manager to conduct user-centered studies to inform product research, design, benchmarking, and validation. Candidates must be able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment. Ideal candidates will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and patience with continuously shifting priorities. This role is primarily a data collection and processing position, but the right candidate has lots of room to grow in an exciting and fast-moving field.
- Experience with data cleaning, processing, and management a must.
- Experience conducting in-person research sessions or experience in fields requiring outstanding interpersonal and behavioral observation skills
- Proficiency in scientific method, statistical analysis, spreadsheet software, and practical coding skills (Python, Matlab, R) desired.
- A demonstrated ability to work on multiple fast-paced projects across diverse methodology simultaneously
- Desire to continuously develop both technical and non-technical skills
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain focus thorough long data-cleaning sessions
- Experience and/or passion for user research and methodology
This is a hands-on data collection, cleaning, and study administration role. You will have the following responsibilities: * Receive, clean, organize, analyze, and store confidential data from multiple simultaneous user studies * Translate research questions into data solutions * Recruit and schedule study participants * Conduct in-person user study sessions. Tasks include: administer screening and consent forms, interview and debrief participants, observe behavior, and administer user-centered research and evaluation * Work with study leads to impliment research protocols and develop best-practices for treatment of participants and sound methods * Work with other researchers to design study-specific data collection tools * Assist in scaling up research studies to larger populations when appropriate
Education & Experience
Bachelor's (Master's preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in experimental psychology, UX research, human factors, linguistics, cognitive science, and/or human-computer interaction.