FEA Engineer - MAC
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team. Will you help us design and build the next generation of Apple products? As product design analyst you will work as part of the Mac Product Design Team supplying to the design of a wide range of Apple products. Through finite element analysis you will help to understand failure modes, optimize designs, and understand the structural response of new and currently shipping products. You will drive testing of hardware and materials in order to tune your numerical models and grow our database of material properties.
- Knowledge of ABAQUS and/or ANSYS (both may be used in the course of your work)
- Proficient in linear and non-liner analysis
- Extensive knowledge of static and dynamic analysis techniques
- Expertise in tuning material models
- Experience with empirical testing
- Desired Experience:
- Experience with fiber and plastic based consumer product packaging
- Extensive expertise in vibration and dynamic phenomenon
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with NVH Analysis Techniques
You will be a part of a team of Product Design engineers to bring products to market. You will work closely with many different groups, including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Operations, Packaging, Safety, Thermal, EMC, and Software.
Education & Experience
M.S Mechanical Engineering PhD preferred