Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love how it feels to create something new? Do you have a passion for understanding how each element of a design affects the experience as a whole? As part of our Human Interface Design group, you’ll help craft the invisible systems that allow customers to intuitively use our products. You and your team will conceptualize, design, and build the user experience for all Apple products, services, and accessories. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating products that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making each human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers.
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- 8+ years work experience crafting extraordinary user interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS app experiences.
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Icon design and 3D experience is desired
- Experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a visual and UI designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce environment is a plus.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers is a requirement.
The Apple Media Products team is looking for an extraordinary visual and human interface designer for all our platforms, including desktop, web and iOS apps. You will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation. You flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment. You are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is essential. Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people every month around the globe.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar.
- Portfolio required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.