Media Application and Services Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, HomePod, and Mac OS. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. The Connected Media team within IMG is seeking an expert C/C++ developer to join us to help develop the future of our products. We are the team that develops AirPlay and it’s related technologies for use in all of Apple’s products. We building a new generation of application software and services for delivering extraordinary media experiences to our customers. Perhaps you too can be a part of crafting, coding and delivering it!
- You have experience in C/C++ development of user facing applications and frameworks
- You have experience writing multi-threaded software.
- You have familiarity with basic networking protocols and programming.
- You have experience in API design and maintenance is helpful.
- You have experience with software development in consumer media applications and platforms is a strong plus: mobile devices, hardware media players, smart TVs or set top boxes.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
The Connected Media team is looking for a software engineer with strong technical and programming skills. You are a collaborative professional with excellent communication skills, comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You have a proven understanding of multithreaded programming and programming on realtime systems. While not required a background in Audio and Video and an understanding of media formats is a plus.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent