Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As a Web Analytics authority, you are deeply involved with the infinitely valuable data generated by a major website. You flourish with actively finding opportunities to improve every online customer’s visit experience. You have the analytics skill to tease groundbreaking insights out of the online signals and the communications skills to deliver your compelling message to a wide variety of audiences: senior management, product management, marketing, finance, and others. What better way to demonstrate the value of your skills and experience into a more valuable career opportunity than as the Senior Web Analyst for Apple Media Products! This position will be located in Cupertino.
- At least 7 years experience with SEO, with demonstrated success creating and executing organic search programs for leading consumer brands.
- 5 years web analytics and reporting experience preferably in a custom analytics capture system
- 3 years experience in an online business built on consumer digital products and/or services
- Ability to analyze technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
- Experience partnering with product and engineering teams to develop and evolve SEO product features and tools.
- Experience designing, building and shipping search engine sitemaps.
- Advanced expertise in the generation, collection and analysis of visitor behavior data.
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Expert understanding of the latest SEO best practices across all major search engines worldwide.
- Experience designing and conducting A/B tests that optimize the overall SEO program.
- Very comfortable working in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Baidu Webmaster Tools, SQL, and other common reporting platforms.
- Experience configuring metadata for popular social network link-sharing cards.
- Results-oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
Develop and maintain working relationships with a core group of colleagues needing deep understanding of the website functionality and visitor experience. Provide intellectual and interpretive leadership on the meaning of data generated by our Web properties. Work closely with UI Engineering teams on the definition and implementation of optimized metadata to insure comprehensive coverage as a means to increase discoverability through organic search. Provide analysis and interpretation on traffic sources and conversions as well as the effectiveness of discovery, selection and purchase patterns. Use (and help build) custom tools and dashboards to track page ranking and the effectiveness of experiments. Audit existing social sharing implementations and recommend strategies/optimizations to stay and remain on the forefront of 1st and 3rd party platform capabilities.
Education & Experience
Required: BS in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer science or other quantitative discipline. Strongly preferred: MS in statistical methods, computer science machine learning or econometrics