Measurement Systems Software Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Sensors group is looking for software engineers who will design key systems & algorithms for new instrumentation. If you're the right person for this position, you'll have strong objected-oriented programming skills, an interest in interfacing with Hardware, & look forward to working closely with electrical engineers and biomedical experts to develop fast, seamless measurement systems. We work closely with the validation and hardware groups in the new product introduction (NPI) phase to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- - Working capability with C, C++, or Objective C, and Python
- - Experience in interfacing with hardware
- - Knowledge of statistical analysis & tools
- - Excellent analytical skills
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Willing to travel internationally, not exceeding 25% overall.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- - Experience designing HW interfaces or drivers is a plus
- - Experience working with imaging systems and measurement systems is a plus
- - Familiarity with Objective-C and other iOS/OS X technologies is a plus
You will be responsible for specification, development and deployment of calibration and performance verification systems, for ultimate handover to test engineering groups for mass production. In particular, your focus will be at the lower end of the SW stack, focusing on driving instruments and processing their output in a fast, repeatable manner. Specific responsibilities include: - Designing application-specific instrumentation systems for use on one of Apple’s products. - Developing and debugging software in C/Objective-C/Python - Developing data processing algorithms using Python or MATLAB - Working closely with station system engineers to drive system bring-up and qualification at vendors and contract manufacturers (usually in Asia) - Analyzing volume data to determine the next step for improving performance in both the instrumentation and the product - Performing failure root cause analysis and driving resolution
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in CS / Computer Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.