Software Developer, Network Capacity Management
Denver, Colorado, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Collaborating with the Infrastructure Capacity Management team this position is accountable to ensure that existing and future network resources are utilized optimally. You will work and lead cross functionally to provide the infrastructure and insight needed to collect, report and make investment decisions across Apple’s global footprint.
- Ability to programmatically pull data from a database via a scripting language
- Apply basic statistics to summarize raw data
- Present summary data in a web report
- Strong engineering skills in modern languages such has Python or Go
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
We are looking for a data software engineer who will be focused on the development and maintenance of network infrastructure analysis that allows our team to develop the next generation network. You should have a solid knowledge of networks and their operations, take initiative in the identification of network capacity problems, and develop spreadsheet models to represent data center and network demand/supply that provides insights needed to drive Apple’s network strategic and investment decisions.
Education & Experience
5+ years of network related work. BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.