Global Supply Manager - Soft Goods Materials
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is in the process of recruiting individuals to join our Soft Goods Materials Global Supply Management team. The soft goods materials global supply management team is responsible for the sourcing, manufacturing development execution, and production of Apple's differentiated and unique materials including leather, adhesives and textiles. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our world-class industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized.
- These areas of expertise are beneficial however, the primary selection criteria will be accomplished individuals who have demonstrated an attention to achieving excellence in whatever field they have chosen.
- Individuals in this group support the following:
- 1)Cross functional support: with Apple's industrial design, product development and operations teams
- 2)Technology Development Management: evaluation and development of new technologies using new materials, finishes, and processes.
- 3)Supply chain management: identification, development, negotiation and management of developing Apple soft goods materials suppliers. There is a strong global supply base, which requires travel
- 4)Build Support: on site management of materials and final assembly partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- 5)Cost: development, negotiation and execution of a part and assembly cost strategy. An understanding of materials manufacturing processes/ techniques is important to better evaluate supplier capabilities and opportunities for Apple
- 6)On-time-delivery : schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet Apple’s production demand
- 7)Risk Mitigation: evaluation of technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives
- 8)Program Management: the ability to manage all of the above tasks and personnel resources
- We are looking for individuals who are good communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives. The appropriate candidate will have a Masters and work experience (5+ years) commensurate with the job description outlined above.
Due to the importance of this discipline in the definition of Apple's brand, this business group must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the very business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking products and business execution that creates challenges that drive processes that require a bridge from engineering risk to manufacturing capability to business needs. Apple is continuing to grow in our product offerings and volume. This growth will present opportunity to select individuals who have demonstrated aggressive innovative thinking in their career development. The ideal individuals will have an advanced educational and career path with a focus on new product development and launch, program management, manufacturing practices/techniques, supply chain, logistics and business.
Education & Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred
- Ability to travel 30%