Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to build and maintain the ETL Infrastructure which powers the data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse system cater to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet services enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job. The team member will be maintaining the ETL frameworks (both Open source and Custom-built) and also lead the platform running the data pipelines. The Data pipelines are built on Storm/Spark/Custom frameworks using Python and Java.
- Working experience on DevOps Environment by working on one of the technologies/applications like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Docker, ANT and Maven
- Experienced in working on Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
- Experience in using Version Control Tools Sub-Version, Git
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Expert experience with DevOps tool chains such as Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Openshift, and LXC containers
- Hands on experience with CloudFormation templates and Terraform
Maintain and improve ETL Platform so that the Frameworks and applications run efficiently and reliably on this infrastructure. This team will be Level 2 support for the Framework developers so need to understand the frameworks currently being used in this environment. Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on Apple business. We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams. You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting rapidly changing environment. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience