Sr. Program Manager-iTunes Store eCommerce/Payments
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Program Managers on the iTunes Store are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. You have strong fundamentals but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
- 5+ years of program or technical product management in software development.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
•Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. •Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. •Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself). •Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the iTunes Store team. •Own overall cross-functional schedules, including iTunes Store development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems. •We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
Education & Experience
BS is required or equivalent work experience